The objectives of RDO are:
- To provide institutional support to farmer cooperatives as well as build individual farmer capacities in order to enhance their capacities to promote their social-economic development.
- To promote environmental conservation through planting trees, combating soil erosion, to ensure the fragile environment is able to sustain its economic and ecological functions.
- To improve the food security situation of target population so that they have at all times access to sufficient, safe, nutritious food to maintain a healthy and active life;
- To promote gender equality and women empowerment to enable acquire resources, knowledge, skills and self-confidence necessary to participate fully in the development process.
- To support local communities to live a healthier life through malaria & TB prevention and HIV/AIDS integration. RDO’s interventions have a national focus.
Group Photo of participants during the dialogue on seed and fertilizer distribution