Job opportunities at Rwanda Development Organization-RDO (8 Field Officers and 2 Regional Supervisors)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Rwanda Development Organization (RDO) has received funding from ENERGY 4 IMPACT under its project of Solar Irrigation in Rwanda, that aims to improve Rwandese smallholder farmer livelihoods and improve the nation’s food security by enabling greater levels of adoption of small scale solar irrigation (SSSI). This project will create the conditions for the development of a sustained market to evolve – which in turn means our aim is to ensure all the actors (farmers, suppliers, lenders, government) have the capacity, and incentives, to fulfill their roles in the market on an ongoing basis. It is in this regard that RDO wishes to recruit 8 Field Officers and 2 Regional Supervisors to organize mobilization and awareness-raising meetings with Farmer Organizations to ensure project buy-in by farmers;build capacity of farmers on economic use of solar irrigation system and agricultural technics as well as linking them to technology suppliers and financing opportunities.
Should have knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to Small Scale Solar Irrigation, Work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals and be able to Develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies.
3. Key Responsibilities
• Organize and lead the farmer mobilization and awareness raising process to ensure project buy-in by farmers and farmer’s cooperatives.
• Facilitate consultation and sensitization meetings with farmer cooperatives.
• Support in selecting the demonstration project sites.
• Use of existing networks to identify and establish contact with farmers
• Installation of demo sites.
• Organization of farmer education days.
• Training farmers to invest in SSSI, including farm business case, appropriate SSSI specification, advice on Rwanda Agriculture Board’s (RAB) scheme and financing, and operation of SSSI equipment.
• Training suppliers, including providing support in engagement with RAB scheme and financing schemes
• Training distributors and agents.
• Support in developing/assessing distribution networks of SSSI suppliers.
• Provide support to farmers on appropriate agronomy practices to make best use of the irrigation systems.
• Support farmers in identifying new routes to market for the increased production,
• Collection of data to inform programme progress
The desired candidate should poses a first degree in Agriculture sciences, Crop Production, Horticulture, development studies or any other related equivalent qualifications. An advanced degree in any of the above disciplines is an added advantage.
5. Work Experience
Three (3) years of experience in agriculture extension, marketing, community mobilization or other related area is required. Experience in working in an NGO environment is desirable. Computer literacy is a prerequisite.
6. Application process:
Interested candidates that meet the required criteria shall submit their application letters, CV and copy of their ID addressed to the Executive Secretary, Rwanda Development Organization (RDO), KK500 BRALIRWA Road, P.O.Box 368, Kigali.
not later than 20th April 2018 at 12:00 . Only selected candidates will be notified.
Done at Kigali on 10th April 2018.